Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Another Name Change

Okay, so I'm not going with Mallory if I am referred a little girl. I looked up the meaning of the name and it means, ill omened or unlucky. Not something I want to saddle my little girl with, if I can come up with another name I like. I'm leaning toward the name, Kinsy. Of course, I looked up the name, Regan (a little late, but oh well) and it means queen. I didn't even know the meaning because I had had the name picked out for so long!


My fingerprinting appointment came in the mail today. I am to be at the Tampa office of the CIS (Citizenship and Immigration) on the second week of January. What cracks me up is how fancy they are getting. When I got my first set of fingerprints taken for Regan's adoption, I went in with all my belongings and not a care in the world as I waltzed up and got fingerprinted. The second time was not so carefree as they checked everyone at the door and were very, very strict about bringing nothing inside. Of course they don't tell you that ahead of time and I had my purse and cell phone and my mom had left with Konnor to go shopping while I waited in a huge line to be fingerprinted. That meant I had no where to leave my stuff. Luckily, I could leave it at the front desk although they gave me the disclaimer they were not responsible if someone took my stuff.


This time around, I get a fancy letter in the mail on cardstock paper. It has specific instructions on what not to bring inside with you. Another fancy turn of events is that instead of just calling it fingerprints, they are now referred to as biometrics. Makes it sound like some mathematical test I have absolutely no hopes of passing!


Why, I ask, is this even necessary seeing as how my fingerprints are not going to change, do I have to go back and do this over and over and over again?!?! Could it be the heart attack inducing fee of $750 dollars that I forked over to the Department of Homeland Security in order to have this pleasure?!?!?

2 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

Becky congratulations!!! I have viewed Regan's blog several times and am just now noticing the "Little Brother", how exciting. I am so happy you are expanded, what a blessing children are.

Amy Maninfior
Lily (1) Fujian

Anna said...

Molly means "bitter" - which my girl is not! I decided to ignore the meaning and go with the positive feelings I felt with the name! I saw on a website about a week ago, that the name Molly envokes thoughts of a friendly girl. it was also on the list of "white" girl name - which of course, she is not.