Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, September 8, 2007

The First Official Interview!

Jennifer, my social worker from Lifelink, came to the house on September 5 to complete Regan's second post placement visit. While she was here, we also started the first interview required to start Gabriel's homestudy information! Yeah! I have a list of "homework" to complete and get started. Lifelink does not directly complete adoptions from Vietnam and so I will have to apply to a second agency to officially complete the adoption. Jennifer told me that Lifelink is partnering with Faith International to complete Vietnam adoptions. The good thing about this is that I would be able to keep Jennifer as my "go to" person. The bad thing is that I have been in contact with Faith and don't have a comfortable feeling about them. I'm still leaning towards using Children's Hope International. The downside of using CHI is that they have a VERY long wait. The process could take 3 or more years. I'm not in a huge hurry, but three years is a little long!

No comments: